Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekMin

Hi everyone,

First time writing a thread, hope someone can help me with this project.

I am trying to build a digital thermometer using microchip products.
I have a microchip demoboard already, I am not sure whether it works though.

Can anyone tell me what kind of board and thermometer(temperature sensor) I need in order to complete this project?

Thanks

Hard to answer with almost nothing to go on. Look up LM34 & LM35 devices. They have linear outputs in metric and Farenheit units. All you have to do is amplify the signal to suit the A to D input (assuming the unknown PIC you're using has one).

There are quite a few thermometer circuits out there, some using AD display converters, others using PICs. In fact, I am making one now for my fish tank. Have a look on google there are some nice circuits out there.

The microchip demo board I have is
DM163029 and DV164007

Do they work?

Can anybody also tell me do these two chip have to be connected to each other in order for them to work or do they work separately

Also, can I use a digital thermometer(temperature sensor) so I don't have to go through the A2D process?

Thanks

The Dalls/Maxim site has loads of **broken link removed**. But just because they are digital, doesn't necessarily mean that they are any easier to use. There are lots of appnotes with code examples that could prove useful, depending on the type of compiler/language and bus you decide to use.

Hiya Tekmin,
Eh mate checkout the microchip site in the analogue setion for active thermistors, they change voltage with temperature and can wired direct to a pic A/D input. Off memory the chip is a AC75 but checking the site will confirm the correct part number.

Hope this helps

Cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back