Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Hi I Was Wondering What I Need to Know To get a start in basic digital electronic's, What Programming Knowledge do i need to program Eprom's and microcontrollers (I Know A little c++) And Are There Any Sites And Tutorials That Can Get Me Up And Running in digital electronics 8)

What you need to know to do digital electronics really depends on what you want to do. There are many different ways of doing things 'discrete logic' requires knowledge of truth tables, k-maps. This sort of thing would be using individual gates like NOT AND NOR etcto make asimple circuit. I f you are interested in using PIC's C is not a bad place to start, you can program them with C if you get the right compiler. You can also program them with asembly code which is a little harder to learn and wright programs with but will give you a better idea of what is going onin the PIC. Chips like DSP's have their own assemby language that I'm told can be difficult. I've only ever programmed one so I don't know that much about it. Tell me what sort of things you are interested in doing andthen I will try and point you in the right direction. Good luck hope you enjoy it.

If you want to get a full understanding about the subject of digital electronics you might be interested in going to the web site www.eptsoft.com and download the software package Electronics, Mechanics, and Computing V8.1. You have a choice between the demo version or the professional version and paying $14.95. You would receive all the help and understanding that you can use plus some. If you are a physics major you have hit the jackpot with this program because this program deals with all subject matters that is of the physical nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back