Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital fuel gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

senthil_var2000

please can some one tell me wher can i find the circuit diagram for digital fuel gauge for my bike. i saw the how stuff works site but it has only given the symmetic diagram i nee to measure in the digital format

senthil

senthil_var2000 said:
please can some one tell me wher can i find the circuit diagram for digital fuel gauge for my bike. i saw the how stuff works site but it has only given the symmetic diagram i nee to measure in the digital format

senthil
what u mean by digital. u want to know how may lits of fuel remamining or ,how much of tank is full ??

senthil_var2000 said:

senthil

Senthil

Do a search for the posts entitled "Voltage Dividing Networks" on this forum. I wanted to do the same thing but using a 10-segment LED bar graph and LM3914 driver IC. I got loads of invaluable expert help including circuit design from the very generous contributors on this forum but haven't completed the project yet. I got delayed with other projects like building a new UV light box with digital timer so I can make the PCBs.

My idea for the sender was to design a system comprising of a vertically mounted stainless tube containing a row of 10 reed switches. A cylindrical float with a magnet inside runs up and down the outside of the tube and closes (or opens) each switch at roughly 1.5 litre increments (it's a 15 litre tank). At least one avionics company supplies ready made systems based in this idea for aircraft tanks but I designed my own using a length of stock 9mm tube and an off-the-shelf magnet float bought from a local supplier. Once implemented, such an arrangement should be highly accurate. The sender is all ready to go and all I need now is to put the display circuit and appropriate housing together.

If your bike already has an analogue type fuel gauge fitted and you intend to use the existing variable resistance tank sender, fitting some sort of digital gauge to replace the analogue one should be easy.

Dakota Digital sell gauges for this purpose.

Please post how you get on.

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back