Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Atom Bomb clock case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
atomic bomb clock

That clock resembles very much the clock used in a James Bond movie. (May be "Gold finger")

Contact the company and you'll probably get it free, and the company gains space for more "toys". ;)

Nope, that bomb look's like the one from either armageaddon or The spy who loved me.

Anyways, I think that would look really cool if you added red surgical tubing or dyed it that color, then just added a ton of knobs, bolt's and everything. Then you could spray it with metallic paint.

:)

Holy crap! I didn't read the whole thing, but how many hours does this guy have in this thing? The construction quality is phenomenal.

I see he cut the end caps with a CNC laser. He must have had free access to that:confused: Just the stainless steel plate would cost a fair amount, and then to have it laser cut would be hundreds of dollars.

Man, it must weight alot.

PVC would be an option, but I don't know how you would make it look shiny like that. I suppose you could do a flat black version and just paint it.

If you have a cool scrap yard around where you are, where they will let you poke around in the piles, you may find some scraps that would work for the end caps and other parts. Machine shops and manufaturers often discard heaps of matching punchouts and such. You might get lucky and find somthing cool and unique.

Copper tube, the type that is used for water pipe, comes to mind fo the rings around the ends.

If you build one, be sure to post and show it off!

Last edited:
Doesn't look airport friendly.

Since the dragonfly version would be much simpler and much smaller, just looking for a interesting way to display the thing on my desk.

blueroomelectronics said:

I was gonna say the same thing, lol

blueroomelectronics said:

Since the dragonfly version would be much simpler and much smaller, just looking for a interesting way to display the thing on my desk.

That would be cool! It would be alot more fun to build too!
Is the dragonfly avalible yet? I might have to try somthing like that too. It would make an awsome desktop clock/thermometer.

He probably works for an engineering firm and has had nothing to do for three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back