Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digi cam confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divs

hey ppl.. help me out here.. gimme your opinions pls..

i'm confused abt which digi cam to buy..
would u suggest a nikon, an olympus or a sony?
i need something with abt 7mega pixel, and preferably more than 3X optical zoom.. digital zoom could be abt 3X or more.... :)
i've looked it up on the net but i'm just not able to make up my mind :(

cheerz,
Divs

You should be able to find user reviews on at least a few sites out there that are going to list common pro's and con's for various models of Cameras. The question you need to ask yourself first is what am I going to actually be doing with the camera, everything revolves around that.

hey guys, thanx so much for the replies.. :)
yep! agreed! i need it just for regular use.. like clicking pics on occassions like family get togethers, outings with friends and stuff.. just like that..
a couple of friends told me to go in for an optical zoom greater than 3X.. so i was just wondering.. looked at a sony cybershot w100 or w70. and liked it a lot! but it has a 3X optial zoom... i almost bought it.. now i'm rethinking.. :confused:

But isn't sony cybershot expensive??My cousin bought a digi cam, canon, but i 4got what model...round 3.2 megapixel and i think it's actually good for occassions...if you ask me you don't really need a 7 megpic cam if that's what you intend to do with it...she had it for P15k = us$300...complete with all the batteries,xtra mem card,cover....I think it was a pretty wise buy...the shots are actually nice

But if you really want there's canon ixus i zoom, it has 7.1megapixels, pretty sleek...comes in different colors...and has the auto face detection...2.4x optical zoom...

Then there's sony cybershot (new release)

DSC-T50 has 7.2 megapixels...anti blur solution...movie shooting...touch screen...3" LCD screen...album slide show with music...paint function...carl zeiss lens...in 3 different colors....prized at around (P33,000.00) roughly US$660....hehehe...pretty expensive i think but if i have that cash then I would gladly buy this cam

my 5 cents:

1) don't worry about megapixels, long as you've got more than 3 you're set
2) don't fall for "digital zoom", its all crap
3) get the largest physical lens and the highest optical zoom you can afford
4) get one that takes standard non proprietary batteries
5) get one that takes a cheap memory format, compact flash or secure digital (CF or SD)

the rest is just icing

Whatever camera you buy make sure it has a focusing lamp. Cameras without this will struggle and may not focus at all in dim lighting. Also make sure that the CCD is a low noise type (high ISO number capability) to eliminate fuzzyness in lowlight. I would definately make sure it has optical zoom of 3x or better. As mentioned previously, digital zoom is just equivalant to photoshop cropping.
If you haven't already, check out:
https://www.steves-digicams.com/
for camera reviews.

hello! thanx again for those awesome replies! i mean they help a lot!! thanx for the site kChriste.. it rocks.. i hadnt seen that one :)
yep, the sony cybershot is expensive, but i think i'll go in for it cuz i done see anything else with more than 3X optical zoom, except for the super high end ones which are too much on the pocket too.. is an ISO 1000 good enough?

oh, and i did see the DSC T50.. it hot, but i dont wanna empty my bank balance either :)
thanx again ppl... any further suggestions are welcome.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back