Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why I came back and some news for you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear as well.

For what its worth I lost my mom about 6 years ago when I was 35. She had a major physical about two weeks before that and her doctor said she would likely live to 100 or better. She was the healthiest one on her side of the family and I rather expected her to outlive me. Then one night she went to bed and had a massive heart attack in her sleep.

All I can say is remember the good times but also don't forget the bad. Family are human and the most fair way I can think to remember anyone is to remember everything that made then who they were. It's that stuff that lead to us becoming who we are and how we will be remembered by those who go after us.

BTW I see my mom in my dreams every now and then. Odd thing is I almost always pick up on the fact that she is dead and I tell her so and then we argue about it until I wake up. So in a way she is still here with me doing what mothers do and try and impose their will on my life even though I have reasons to see things far differntly than she does. :p

(Then she goes and invades my wife's dreams and convinces her to get all over my butt about whatever it is she can find just like mom used to do.) :arghh:

My condolences too, LG.

My condolences LG.

My mom died just two weeks ago. Age does not matter ; losing a love one is very intense experience.

For what I have read all these years you are a very special person and I am sure your dad was very proud of you. Remember all the good thinks and the moments he shared with you. The knowledge you received from him is his best legacy.

Now is your turn to continue.

PRPROG

Hello LG,

I am very sorry to hear this news, a little later too as i did not see this thread until just now.

I lost both parents some time ago, and all i can say is it is never easy as you never forget them. But i can also say that it is said that it is easier for a child to loose a parent than for a parent to loose a child. It may not seem like it right now, but it is true. Think of what would have happened to your dad if it was you dying or already passed and he was the one at home having to deal with the pain and sorrow...he would have to die a thousand deaths, instead of just one.

You might also read about the grieving process on the web which tells of the several stages.

But as they say, keep your chin up and try to look to the future for brighter things. Brighter things will come, it's just a matter of time. They may not make up for the loss, but they will help some. If you believe in God then you might believe that you will see him again, because we all "go" someday or another.

I also want to take a minute to tell you that i appreciate your undying attempt to get me to look and relook at that pain in the neck LCD display with no back light. With your coaxing i may find a way yet :)

When My dad passed I thought there was something wrong with me as I didn't "grieve" the way I though I should have.. You can never tell how you are going to react!!! Maybe I was a bit selfish as I was a bit hard on the guy, I do regret my last conversation with him.. I called him moody s**t and told him that if he continues I wouldn't visit!!! Whoops.. I really felt bad... I miss him and I'm sure wherever he is now, he wouldn't hold it against me..

I feel your pain LG... But as people keep reminding you, the pain will ease and fond memories take over... Then you'll smile each time you remember him...

All you can do is make sure you do him proud.... I know you will.

Cheers little buddy!!

My heart goes out to you and your family, LG. It's never easy to lose a loved one, and sometimes it's downright unbearable. Sometimes it takes a long time for it to sink in, and in the meantime you may feel guilty for not feeling what you think you should. I cannot offer any anecdotes (while I have lost many friends and family members, none were so close to me as one of my parents) but what I can do is remind you that your father's spirit will live on. Even if you don't believe in heaven or some other spiritual realm, he is still around you all the time--little bits of his life that he dedicated to making a difference, his work around the house, his posts here on the forum, your memories, and most of all, you and your siblings. You have the awesome privilege of being a strong young man who can keep his memory alive and can be the son that he was and will always be proud of. He lives on through you, LG. I'm sure you will continue to do him proud by pursuing your interests and excelling at them.

Just remember that your father is not lost. He is still here, and always will be.

Best wishes and warm regards,
Matt

WTF!? Man, that sucks!

I remember talking to your dad when I first joined here waaay back, I don't come on here that much anymore admittedly, work gets in the way, which is probably what I should be doing now! :meh: But even from the brief conversations I had with him, he seemed like a top bloke!

I can't say or don't know what to say to make any difference whatsoever, but your and your family's thoughts are with me.

Thanks guys I am concentrating on getting a business up and running, we are going to need to do something quick wise money wise so thats my main focus at the moment.
Thanks wilksey my dad always intended to come pay you a visit when we lived in Devon, so maybe I will one day instead :D

No we moved to Scotland around two years ago when the farm got too much for dad, not sure yet about the business, If I can get the 2.5K needed for the generator then I am in the biodiesel business :D. I have a few things I am working on as next year I am 16 and probably going to leave school now, uni can wait as mum needs an income to keep the house so i guess its down to me to make some cash :D.
Made £100 today selling soap I make but it takes 6 week to make a batch.

Scotland? Wow, that's a fair distance from Devon!
Farms do require a lot of upkeep, especially to make them work!
Anything is better than nothing I guess.

Sorry for your loss. Words can't really say enough.

I cared for my dad for several years as dementia took him away from us. We did everything possible to help him live indendently and with dignity for as long as possible then he took a sudden turn for the worse and died quickly. The dad I had known wasn't really there for the last few years; when he died there was much sadness but relief too. He was free of the miserable disease that took his brain.

Nobody here has really mentioned this. It's ok to cry. For a while, the silliest things may start the tears for no reason at all. His death will hurt. It will make you angry. Scared. Just remember the good times, and know he would be proud.

My condolences LG! Never met your father but still, sorry. Can't really say anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back