Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential Amplifier Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denki

Can I use a differential amplifier to shift the voltage level of my AC signal? Because its formula is Vout=V2-V1 . I have a negative AC signal input for my op amps negative terminal or V1 is negative. My V2 will have a DC input of 2V.

upload_2018-3-30_2-31-20.png

Also, another guy is telling me that because V2 is connected like a voltage divider so he said Im only shifting it by half of V2. So, I need some clarification.

Can I use a differential amplifier to shift the voltage level of my AC signal?
Yes.
another guy is telling me that because V2 is connected like a voltage divider so he said Im only shifting it by half of V2
That "another guy" is wrong.
It's true the voltage at the amp plus input is 1/2 the positive input voltage, but the gain at the plus input is +2, due to the resistors on the minus input, so the gain from the positive input to output is 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back