Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differences between ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

what's basic differences between
1- HCPIC-std-xxxx
2- HI-TECH Enterprise Edition
3- HCPICP-pro-xxxx

any body not reply !
its means no basic differences between each other !!!

I haven't heard about the HCPIC compiler!!!

But! Hi-Tech lite is free and compiles any size code...However!! optimization is switched off and your code will be bloated... Ie.. 2k of code will come out 2.5k ~ 3k..

Enterprise edition Has a basic optimizer... 2k of code will come out around 2.2k~ 2.5k

Pro Edition Has a full optimizer and will give the tightest code...

The difference in £££.... Lite... Free. Enterprise... @450~500... Pro 650+

You cannot get Hitech any more... You have to use XC8, XC16 etc....

I haven't heard about the HCPIC compiler!!!

But! Hi-Tech lite is free and compiles any size code...However!! optimization is switched off and your code will be bloated... Ie.. 2k of code will come out 2.5k ~ 3k..

Enterprise edition Has a basic optimizer... 2k of code will come out around 2.2k~ 2.5k

Pro Edition Has a full optimizer and will give the tightest code...

The difference in £££.... Lite... Free. Enterprise... @450~500... Pro 650+

You cannot get Hitech any more... You have to use XC8, XC16 etc....
u say means best is pro ver . , only Pro Edition Has a full optimizer and will give the tightest code...
& std-xxxx or Enterprise Edition not Has a full optimizer and not give the tight tightest code...

Yep!
https://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en_us/devtools/mplabxc/
Here is a bit of a graph!!...

If you are using a pic chip larger than the code you require, then optimization will not be an issue other than a bit more speed.... Optimizing will give tight code and a tiny speed boost...

Example.... Nigel's tutorials 6.6 mad for the pic16f628a.. I converted the code to C... When compiled the code was just less than 2k... But!! I needed to supply code so folks with the free version could use... Without the full optimization there was just under 3k of code so I told users to buy the slightly larger chip pic16f648a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back