Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differences between pic16f877a and pic16f887

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHAIRUL AMRI

hello there, can somebody tell me about the differences between pic16f877a and pic16f887?? i've read the article on the internet but i actually didnt understand well..

1) is there any differences regarding the pinout for both microcontroller?
2) can i go through the C languagecoding between them? In this case i have used the same coding, but can i change the microcontroller between 16f877a and 16f887?
3) what are the main differences between them?

somebody please answer me, im newbie here.. :)

1) No. there is no difference with pinout..
2) Yes! Code written in C for the pic16f877 will work on the pic16f877a ( only a couple labels need changing, if you use them, they will be identified by the compiler )

3) I think the only difference was the kind of code memory used...

3) what are the main differences between them?

16F877 33 I/O pins
16F887 36 I/O pins

16F877 8 channels ADC
16F887 11/14 channels ADC

16F887 has internal 8Mhz oscillator

And maybe a few other things, if you want more detail download the datasheets from www.microchip.com

JimB

Ooops again.... I read the post wrong pic16f877a - pic16f887... I did pic16f877 to pic16f877a

Sorry Still my post is almost correct other than the extra ADC's on port B the Ansel registers need to be set.. Other wise the code is the same...

Page 273, differences right there in the datasheet

Well done!
I looked at the datasheet(s) but missed that.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back