Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference: PIC 16F72 & 16C72

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelheZi

Hello all again, may I know what's the different for C series & F series? As far as I know C stand for CMOS & F stand for Flash.

I wish to know if the PIC basic compiler for 16C72 compatible to 16F72.

If I'm having a command for the following, what kind of output u can predict?
(FYI, 16F72 is a 28-pin, 3 TRIS PIC)

ref var porta.3
sig var portb.0
eng var portc.3
buz var portc.4

trisa=%001000
trisb=%00000001
trisc=%00000000

main: if sig=1 then buzz
if rev=1 then check

check: if sig=1 then engine
goto buzz

engine: high eng
pause 1000
low eng
goto main

buzz: high buz
pause 5000
low buz
goto main

URGENT, as I do not see my program to light up (eng) where there's both input (ref & sig) detected. The program only light up buz.
Thanks!

samcheetah said:
the C is for OTP (one time programmable) and the F parts can be reprogrammed as much as you like. and the F doesnt necessarily mean flash.

So with the same popgram I written on, using a 16C72 compiler works fine for 16F72 too?
Please advise on this concern of mine... thanks!!!

Hey samcheetah,
Thanks for the guidance. But can u do me another favour? Can u please help me by checking on the program I written?
My desire program is to check on both inputs REV & SIG. But provided REV is detected before SIG. Then output to ENGINE. Else if SIG is detected before, lead to output BUZZ.
Thanks~

samcheetah,
I have another concern, TRISA is a analogue port, can I assign it as digital input without any initiation like my program?
Thanks!

its how you set it.It can be analog input,digital input or digital output

oh TIRSA in binary 1 make inputs and 0 make outputs

Someone Electro,
Yeah, I'm aware of it, but without any initiation on the TRISA, by default it's a analogue or digital?

By using command of:
"PORTA=%000100 ;assigning bit 2 as input, the rest outputs"

Is that input of PORTA.2 a digital input? Or analogue input?
Pls advise on this. Thanks~

Oh I see, but can u directly show me how to initiate the input as digital input? Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back