Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between 16F & 16LF

Status
Not open for further replies.

elexhobby

Hi
Can I know the difference between PIC16F & PIC16LF? I was using a PIC16F877A which got damaged due to overvoltage. Can I replace it with a PIC16LF877A? Or is it something like LF chips are designed for low power & need a lower Vdd, not 5V?
Kindly help.

They work at 5V too but they can run down to about 2V.So they can be run directly of an single litium batery.

Be sure to check the spec sheet for acceptable Fosc at lower Vdd.

Someone Electro said:
They work at 5V too but they can run down to about 2V.So they can be run directly of an single litium batery.

One can't use it at 20MHz anymore even at +5V. The max is 10MHz. As commented by others, the full information is there inside the Microchip datasheet if you look hard enough.

Attachments

• 16f_16lf.gif
    16f_16lf.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 373
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back