Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diesel Generator XG-SF6700D

Status
Not open for further replies.

debe

GEN.24.JPG
GEN.22.JPG
GEN.21.JPG
Re a question from (mrpick). Here is a couple of pictures of the Inverter Module that I have, but cant find a circuit of the generator.

Almost the same inverter, except the Black/Blue/White wires on mine are looped back into the inverter. On yours they go to a plug. Tho only thing I can offer is if it is relavent then there must be a matching plug on the generator that will be in reach.

I'm thinking that the 3 wires connect to the 2 electrolytic capacitors closest to where the wires enter the inverter. These capacitors are 35V. In my first photo you can see 2 cut off red wires and 1 green/yellow cut off wire on the output of the 12V regulator. My thinking is that they may have joined to the connector and someone has cut them off for some reason. I'm assuming green/ yellow to black and the reds to white and blue.

Theres no information that I can find on the net. Does the generator actualy put out 240v ac at the socket on the front panel? & does the fan work? With that conector not connected to any thing. On a 2600Watt generator inverter I hacked apart those regs were neg5V & pos 5V DC. With the generator running is there voltage on that connector?

With the generator running the fan runs and the display works indicating that both the 12V regulators are working. There is ac voltage across the blue wires going to the inverter but nothing at the 240v outlets or showing on the display. The stepper on the throttle is also inactive. I could not detect any voltage on the three wires on the connector in question. The remote control module has been removed. The pink wire from the ignition switch that went to the remote module has been joined to the wire from the stop button so that the fuel solenoid is off until the ignition switch is in the on position. The 2 pin connector next to the connector in question on my last photo has 2 red wires. I have connected it to a pair that go to generator green and brown I think. Not sure that is is correct or what it is for, but the wires were a suitable length and they were the only connectors not already joined up. It does make for an interesting puzzle when someone else has a go at it and you get the pieces to try to reassemble. Thanks for your assistance already.

On previous inverters that 5 pin conector has 3phase 350V AC for the inverter & theres 12V AC to power the internals of the inverter & stepper motor. If these aren't functioning then theres a possibility the 4 pin conector is for powering the inverters internals.
GEN20.jpg

Back to investigating the XG-SF6700 generator. I connected the wires as I mentioned earlier. It obviously should not be connected as it caused something on the inverter to overheat and smoke, so disconnected again. I have tested the outputs from the generator but maintaining the correct RPM is only a guess. These are the voltages I measured. 5 pin connector blue to blue each about 400Vac. Black to black 15Vac. 2 pin connector Brown to green 60 -100Vac. 2 pin connector to 12V regulators Blue to blue 15 Vac. Fan voltage 11Vdc Display 13.5 - 14.4 Vdc. Do these voltages indicate that the generator is working correctly? It seems to me that the inverter was faulty and not working. It is now probably worse since connecting the wires to the spare 4 pin connector. Do you know if it is possible to get replacement inverters and at what price?

The voltages are about right. Its most likely the inverter is faulty & they are not cheep. In some cases its cheeper to buy another generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back