Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did anyone follow the "Bail Out"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why must you persist with this predilection to throwing out insults? Is your argument so weak that you must resort to this tactic? :mad:

I think SV missed his meds again today. ;) He appears to be saying that living within your means is delusional. Well, he does have some strange ideas, so maybe he believes that.

At any rate, he did completely miss the fact that I stated in my first post in this thread that this affects Canadians as well as Americans, so I don't think he really mulls things over too much before posting.

Torben

Maybe the bank failures has affected the prozac supply industry as well...

I think SV missed his meds again today. ;) He appears to be saying that living within your means is delusional. Well, he does have some strange ideas, so maybe he believes that.

At any rate, he did completely miss the fact that I stated in my first post in this thread that this affects Canadians as well as Americans, so I don't think he really mulls things over too much before posting.

Torben

Morning Torben,
This financial crisis is affecting us Brits also.

Northern Rock, HBSO and B&B etc have crashed and burned over the past few months.

The financial system world wide is based on fear and greed.
I object to my taxes being used to bail out these lame ducks, but I cant see a viable alternative at the moment.
IIRC house prices are down about 20% over the past year.

My Bank has now got the jitters, I hope my money dosnt disappear into a black hole. :eek:

My Bank has now got the jitters, I hope my money dosnt disappear into a black hole.

Does the UK have something similar to the FDIC ?

Does the UK have something similar to the FDIC ?

IIRC its the FSA.

I know that some depositors at the banks I have mentioned have lost so much in the pound[GBP£]

The Icelandic bank is telling depositors to fill in claim forms for their money which is not a good sign.

Morning Torben,
This financial crisis is affecting us Brits also.

Northern Rock, HBSO and B&B etc have crashed and burned over the past few months.

The financial system world wide is based on fear and greed.
I object to my taxes being used to bail out these lame ducks, but I cant see a viable alternative at the moment.
IIRC house prices are down about 20% over the past year.

Yeah, I think most of the USA's major trading partners are feeling the hit. And ripples are probably going out from there.

My Bank has now got the jitters, I hope my money dosnt disappear into a black hole. :eek:

Black hole?!? AAAAAAiiiiiiiighgh <torben hits the deck>

Actually, I think the money is more likely to disappear in a thousand golden parachutes.

Torben

Last edited:
Black hole?!? AAAAAAiiiiiiiighgh <torben hits the deck>

lol, blame the Large Hadron Collider.

lol, blame the Large Hadron Collider.

Oh, I would, if it were turned on right now. They blew out a transformer* when they powered it up the first time. :)

Torben

[Edit: A 30-ton transformer.]

Last edited:
Exactly, and maybe all the world banks invested in it. Black hole was really a money pit...:)
Of course I am just joking...

Last edited:
Oh, I would, if it were turned on right now. They blew out a transformer* when they powered it up the first time. :)

Torben

[Edit: A 30-ton transformer.]

hi,
Its going to be down for about a year, there's a helium leak from the cooling system into the main vacuum ring.
Its got to get up to ambient tempr, repaired and recooled.!

Our Govt have just announced a £50billion cash injection into the Banks.

That will probably be used to pay fat cat bonuses.:(

EDIT:
Just realised I used the cat as a scape goat, sorry Torben.!!!!

Last edited:
hi,
Its going to be down for about a year, there's a helium leak from the cooling system into the main vacuum ring.
Its got to get up to ambient tempr, repaired and recooled.!

Our Govt have just announced a £50billion cash injection into the Banks.

That will probably be used to pay fat cat bonuses.:(

EDIT:
Just realised I used the cat as a scape goat, sorry Torben.!!!!

Hehe. Poor cats. They're always the scapegoats.

Reminds me of breakfast with friends a few months ago. We were talking about a recent animal test (on rats) and one of our friends said "Poor rats. They're always the guinea pigs." I was laughing uncontrollably and got brief looks indicating I was mad before the others clued in to what I was laughing at.

Torben

No, it's a symptom worth noting. It is widespread and in fact if I give the names used to describe it it will sound even more insulting. I'm not picking on Torben. I like him. He's a smart guy. That is just my observation as I have seen it in many or the majority but I think that is changing. I think people are really catching on to the fact that something is wrong.

We fight fire with fire in the information war. They use the "shock factor" and though sometimes it may appear to be rude, it must be applied as well. The hour is late.

READ THIS!
This ought to boil barrels of American blood. How do these bas"turds" manage to skate off with these rediculous salary contracts? Must not be much different than professional baseball in this country.:mad: Angelo Mozilo's ugly mug (the CEO from Countrywide) net him 367 million $$. How do these CEOs manage to enter and exit their driveways without getting picked off by a bi-polar, lunatic fringed kook? We have schmucks in our streets getting offed over a dime-bag of pot! Worse yet, some kids get shot because they ridiculed a classmate. These CEO's are ultimately responsible for a good portion of this financial mess and they live lavishly to spend their earnings? AIG execs. just held a very expensive retreat for themselves. Even the White House stepped in and condemned the inappropriate behavior in light of the hugely expensive, taxpayer funded bail-out. The friggin' bas"turds" should be strung up by their nads on the flag poles out front of their offices. The debt holders should be taking the financial hit instead of us taxpayers. Afterall, many banks/lenders have a 25:1 fund portfolio... that is, $25 of good funds for every $1 of bad money. Now can you understand why banks continue to build new service branches on every third street corner? And how AIG execs. can afford to throw an extravagant vacation retreat for themselves?
Just reported in the news is the fact that many world banks have cut interest rates to deter/slow a global recession very much in part from our financial crisis. This certainly doesn't have us looking strong and tall in the world. This is an embarassment of global proportion.

We need to bring back the "He needed a beaten law".

Texas Judge: "Why did you beat that man?"
Defendent : "Well your honor, He needed a beaten"
Texas Judge: "Oh, why didn't you say so? Case dismissed."

We need to bring back the "He needed a beaten law".

Texas Judge: "Why did you beat that man?"
Defendent : "Well your honor, He needed a beaten"
Texas Judge: "Oh, why didn't you say so? Case dismissed."

But sir, each time I hit him money came out ? So, I kept on beating.

Until he was dead broke.

Pinata, anyone.

Pinata = is a (Mexican kids game. Hitting a sack decorated bag filled with candy)

kv

Sterns, is who I got my new loan thru 2 weeks ago. However, Bank of America was holding it before that instead of a balloon payment 15k, which I seemed to escape from.

I now have to deal with Chase. Money Grubing. No good dirty rotten Rat scratching back scratchers.

Last edited:
Today the big nations reduced their interest rates. I noticed that the rates in the UK are more than double the rates in the rest of the world (like their price for gasoline).

Today the big nations reduced their interest rates. I noticed that the rates in the UK are more than double the rates in the rest of the world (like their price for gasoline).

Oh man! Their getting it the worst. They pay way more for food & gas than we do. They are almost out of gold too. I heard today they got huge lines extending like 2 blocks waiting to purchase gold.

By the way it's drying up here too. The best and most available is "Midas Resources". They got some coins that are locked in at prices about 2 weeks ago. They still got Swiss Franks & British Sovereigns & some Indians and maybe a couple others.

You people just do not hear what I hear. If you dare than try www.gcnlive.com. It is not BS because the day the bail out was signed I heard from actual for real Congressmen who said they were threatened by "physical Martial Law on the streets if they did not sign".

Just yesterday I listened to an interview from a CIA Special OPs guy who said that less than two weeks after 9/11 they were within 200 yards of Bin Laden and that they were listening to radio transmissions from him and were made to stand down.

Everyday I hear amazing info.

I just want to share it with you....:)

Oh man! Their getting it the worst. They pay way more for food & gas than we do. They are almost out of gold too. I heard today they got huge lines extending like 2 blocks waiting to purchase gold.

What are you on?, have you considered going into rehab?.

Where do you make this complete rubbish up from?.

What are you on?, have you considered going into rehab?.

Where do you make this complete rubbish up from?.

I heard it from Dr Paul Watson who was reporting live in the streets of London yesterday.

Oh, also speaking of audioguru's home, Canada reported they cannot get anymore gold to make Maple Leafs with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back