Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device, that is able to connect to internet, identify employee, give him options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanjanek

Company has internal system for employees (counts number of hours spent at work). I runs at remote server, PHP/Mysql.

I'm looking for some cheap device, that would be sitting next to doors. It would identify employee (finger print is prefered, it can also be RFID etc.). And after it would give employee a few choices (i'm coming to work, im leaving work, im going to doctor, im going for a lunch, im coming back from doctor.....).

- it has to identify employee (finger print prefered)
- it has to give him a few options (what type of exit/enter is he doing)
- it has to transfer these data to remote server at the internet (to Mysql), it can be passive, when scipt at the internet request data transfer and this device will it offer, it doesn't have to have ability to communicate with MySQL

Cheap devices are prefered. Device is not needed for security. Just for tracking how many hours did they worked.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11792
11792-01a.jpg

Ok, so a) the employee knows his work habits are being tracked and b) he is given a choice as to what he is doing and c) the device doesn't know if he is coming or going. Presented with this scenario, I'd identify myself and pick "I'm coming to work" as the choice. Every time...

These systems are usually done with a proximity fob system - I'm sure there are companies who will sell you one off the shelf if you can afford it. The fobs themselves, at least, should be pretty cheap.

You mentioned being able to connect to the net, there is a version of an arduino called a wemos, it has built in wifi and would be good as a prototype platform.

How long do you think it will be before we have a chip inside us, the day is coming.

Company has internal system for employees (counts number of hours spent at work). I runs at remote server, PHP/Mysql.

I'm looking for some cheap device, that would be sitting next to doors. It would identify employee (finger print is prefered, it can also be RFID etc.). And after it would give employee a few choices (i'm coming to work, im leaving work, im going to doctor, im going for a lunch, im coming back from doctor.....).

- it has to identify employee (finger print prefered)
- it has to give him a few options (what type of exit/enter is he doing)
- it has to transfer these data to remote server at the internet (to Mysql), it can be passive, when scipt at the internet request data transfer and this device will it offer, it doesn't have to have ability to communicate with MySQL

Cheap devices are prefered. Device is not needed for security. Just for tracking how many hours did they worked.

Sounds utterly horrible.

I remember the days of badge ID scan , facial recognition , security door interlocks,

I imagine facial recognition software is pretty good on Picasa now with training and Voice recognition. But integrated packages need support. I would think a secure FOB and a stationary phone app for managing People traffic might exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back