developing usb drivers for pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

normad

hey guys, whats im trying to do is to develop a usb driver for my gtp-lite for windows 7. the current driver only supports windows xp and theres a one for vista too apparently but i couldnt find a driver that works for windows 7. i tried contacting the original developers but they have given up development a long time back.
so it would be great if you guys could point me in the right direction on how to build the actual driver. if it requires a particular language im quite ok with java and c.
the pic on the programmer is 18f2550. will i need to change the firmware on the programmer aswell? in that case does anyone have the original source code?

p.s - i know it'd be much easier to just purchase a new programmer with windows 7 support but my intention here is not just to get the programmer working but also to get some insight into working with usb platforms and i like this programmer.. it supports all the pics ive so far had to work with

thanks

I know that Sparkfun and microchip had some nice discussion regarding the USB driver and control. May worth a 5-10 minutes of exploration there.

For your information, don't even bother with driver in java...Java isn't made for this purpose. Stick to C or C++. Most of the driver are written in those language...or assembly for extreme gong-ho.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…