Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

developing usb drivers for pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

normad

hey guys, whats im trying to do is to develop a usb driver for my gtp-lite for windows 7. the current driver only supports windows xp and theres a one for vista too apparently but i couldnt find a driver that works for windows 7. i tried contacting the original developers but they have given up development a long time back.
so it would be great if you guys could point me in the right direction on how to build the actual driver. if it requires a particular language im quite ok with java and c.
the pic on the programmer is 18f2550. will i need to change the firmware on the programmer aswell? in that case does anyone have the original source code?

p.s - i know it'd be much easier to just purchase a new programmer with windows 7 support but my intention here is not just to get the programmer working but also to get some insight into working with usb platforms :) and i like this programmer.. it supports all the pics ive so far had to work with

I know that Sparkfun and microchip had some nice discussion regarding the USB driver and control. May worth a 5-10 minutes of exploration there.

For your information, don't even bother with driver in java...Java isn't made for this purpose. Stick to C or C++. Most of the driver are written in those language...or assembly for extreme gong-ho.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back