Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing sound system need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrogeek

I have a couple questions to ask any audio freaks , such as myself , who might be know a little about speaker and amplfier design . The first question is " What is the best sub-whoofer to use because I what to design a set of speakers with about 4 or 5 sub-whoofers in each speaker ? " Remember more power the better . The second question would be " What program can I use to give me an idea on the decibels and wattage the amplfier is giving out? " My goal is create a sound system that would make New York City Music Hall jealous . My favorite saying " The more power the system has the louder the system becomes and the louder the system is the madder the neighbors become . " Hince the saying " More power . " :D

There are alot of good subs out there. And if I were you I would do some looking. Audiobahn makes some hellacious subs, so does Diamond. Memphis, Kove, Oz, also. Money would be a factor to. For some of the best sound, try Bass Box. It's a company called Harris Tech that made that up.
For pure power, I would go the commercial amp way. Like Carvin, Sun, QSV. When you buy an amp like MTX, RF you never get out what they say you would. But if you buy a 2000 Watt Carvin, you actually get 2000W of pure sub power. And you would have to buy a DC to AC convertor. And the convertor better be one of the best.
Also, if your doing 4 subs, I would either do two 15s, and two 12s, or two 12s, and two 10s.
If your doing 5 subs, I would do two 12s, two 10s, and one 8.
6 subs, I would do two 12s, two 10s, and two 8s.
That way you get low bass, mid bass, and high punchy bass.

Thanks for the info about the subs . If anyone wants a program that has all the different subs try Winl SD beta . The program has all the information you need and the information that was given we all can build the ultimate sound system now . And thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back