Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing power supplies and general electrical stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanevindra

i have this group project to do which is goin to involve a microcontroller, 2 servo motors, a infra-red sensor/detector and an ultrasonice sensor/detector. we need to design and have only one power supply to the system, which means that we need to design some sort of circuit which will supply the correct voltages and currents to the devices.

does anyone know of any good sites/ resources with tutorials and help files that will help me with this? need to brush up quite a bit on my electrical side.

Thanks!

It doesn't sound like you'll need any more than 1 amp. So the LM2575 series of switching regulators have a couple of benifits, one being high efficiency, and because they are switching type, they offen do not need heatsinks.
The schemtic can be found on their datasheets and all compents are easy to find.

National Semiconductor Part:
**broken link removed**

Datasheet:
**broken link removed**

so basically i hook up all the device to this and it will provide the needed current and voltage??

the ultrasonic sensor needs a burst of 2A or 5A when it sends out a ping. will i be able to use one of these ICs with that? or is there some other solution?

sorry for my ignorance...but how do you use them?jus hook them up to the devices?

are there any sites with good electrical tutorials?

so basically i hook up all the device to this and it will provide the needed current and voltage??

the ultrasonic sensor needs a burst of 2A or 5A when it sends out a ping. will i be able to use one of these ICs with that? or is there some other solution?

put a large capacitor in paralel with the power line going to this component, what voltages do all the parts work on ? if you have componenets or sections of your circuit that use different voltages you have no choice but to use more than one power supply or a supply capable of multiple outputs

all the components have different voltages and currents..but a requirement of the project is to have only one power supply for the system...is there anyway to do this? any sites or online resources i can look up??

or wht are the relevant sections in a textbook?

all the components have different voltages and currents..but a requirement of the project is to have only one power supply for the system...is there anyway to do this? any sites or online resources i can look up??

hi,:)
Do you know what voltage and current supplies you require.?

It will be far easier for us to suggest suitable circuits/components if you first work out what you need.

Also fill in your location.

Last edited:

your asking the impossible, but then it depends on the current required at each voltage and how many components it takes to count as another power supply. perhaps you mean you may only use one main source ? like a single battery ?

Last edited:
yeah..basically we can use only one main source..as in one connection to mains electricity/battery..

i will do a power table and post here asap..thanks guys...

and yeah..will update my location...am actually in 2 locations most of the time, but mostly in australia... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back