Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design mosfet driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugen

I have the following circuit: it’s a relaxation oscillator: R charges C (when mosfet is in saturation state) and when the C arrives to its maximum threshold voltage (83 v approximately), I must open the mosfet to start with the C discharge, but isolating the R, because I need to cut off this part of the circuit.
I try to open the mosfet giving a “1” to the base of 2N2222 transistor, so the opto-isolator led switch on its transistor (in fact I can’t realize this, I obtain a VSAT to high, nearly the value of the supply), closing the C-E junction of the BC639 and open the Mosfet.
All this would be the ideal that I pretend to happen, but I don’t realize my purpose, because the mosfet always conducts.
I attached the circuit sketch.

True Table: Base 2N2222 vs. Mosfet state:
base = 0 then Mosfet close (Saturation)
base = 1 then Mosfet is open

If my circuit doesn’t have a solution, why can I drive the mosfet?
Thanks and excuse me my grammar, I’m not American.
Luis Blaugen.

Attachments

• protecedm.jpg
    protecedm.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 255
Nothing in your circuit discharges the capacitor. Connect a resistor in parallel with it.
The Mosfet turns off when its source voltage is a few volts lower than its gate voltage so with a 83V supply, the capacitor charges to about 80V.

There is no positive feedback so it is not an oscillator.

in fact, there is a dispositive that discharges the capacitor, but in the drawing I didn't draw it in order to make easy the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back