Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delay on Comparator output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prprog, what do you think the maximum length of time should be between the pulses?

Honestly, I don't know. If I said a second, would that help? Remember that when the piezo is hit hard there is no delay between the switches. Your question is about the delay when the piezo is hit softly. Right?

Thanks for you help.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know. If I said a second, would that help? Remember that when the piezo is hit hard there is no delay between the switches. Your question is about the delay when the piezo is hit softly. Right?

Thanks for you help.
Well, I thought you might know how slowly you can press the velocity-sensitive switch that you are presumably trying to replace. I have a circuit designed and simulated, and I will make it adjustable for you, but I still have to put limits on the adjustments.

Well, I thought you might know how slowly you can press the velocity-sensitive switch that you are presumably trying to replace. I have a circuit designed and simulated, and I will make it adjustable for you, but I still have to put limits on the adjustments.

Roff:

The slowest time could be a second.

Thanks,

OK. More details: You will need an op amp package in addition to the LM339. Would you prefer to use a common part like TL072, which needs both positive and negative power supplies, or would you rather be able to stick to a single supply, but use a more exotic rail-to-rail op amp such as LMC6482?

OK. More details: You will need an op amp package in addition to the LM339. Would you prefer to use a common part like TL072, which needs both positive and negative power supplies, or would you rather be able to stick to a single supply, but use a more exotic rail-to-rail op amp such as LMC6482?

Can a LM324 OpAmp be used? If not a TL072 will be ok.

Thanks

I haven't forgotten. I just have a lot of irons in the fire. Expect a schematic soon.

Here is the circuit I designed and simulated. I don't know what the output amplitude of your piezo is, so mods may be required on the input.
I started another version that used an op amp for the integrator (ramp generator). It would probably be comparably complex if I were to finish it.

Attachments

• drum pulse delay.PNG
    drum pulse delay.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 170
Roff.

Thanks a lot. I will take a look. I am still a novice so I will probably come back with more questions.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back