Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

/Many/ years ago - the 1970s I saw an electronic project in a practical car magazine for a combined Accelerometer / Decelerometer. Interesting, but I never built it.

I now own an electric vehicle. The vehicle recharges the battery when slowing, when the foot is removed from the accelerator. Trouble is, the 'engine braking' is relatively strong, much more so than a petrol or diesel engine, and vehicles behind frequently don't realise I'm slowing down.

What I want to do is craft a very basic, adjustable so I can tune it, decelerometer which I'll mount appropriately and which will power a relay which I'll set across the brake light circuit. Having seen a plan for one before (OK, 30 years ago) I keep thinking there must be a plan out there. Can't find one. Has anyone seen one?

Many thanks!

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back