Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decade to Octave Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread went all kinds of crazy. I don't have MATLAB, but because power is measured in Watts (or milliWatts as the case may be), if you want the dBm value that tells you the attenuation or gain of the signal, you have to use 10 log(Output/Input). If you are calculating using voltage or current, the formula is 20 log (Output/Input) because power is proportional to the square of the signal's amplitude (voltage). The logarithmic squares law applies.

Have you answered the question in post#1 which asks what is the conversion from X db's/decade to Y db's/octave?

Ratch

Hold on guys...
This is a nine year old thread, reactivated by someone who has just registered on the forum.

The OP (dknguyen) surely has his answer by now, so I am locking the thread.

If anyone thinks that the thread should be re-opened, please PM me and we can discuss it.

JimB

In addition, if you would like the most recent comments to be split off into their own thread and continue the discussion there, please contact a member of the moderation team and we can do that for you.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back