Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dead band

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you controlling the "dead band" for?

Your question is a little under explained.
I have coded a push pull smps in software, using 2 fets, to prevent shoot through and generate a dead band I just coded the software to turn both transistors off before chaging state, and then used a nop or 2 to give them time to actually turn off.

Ie:
01 one trans on
00 both off
nop
nop wait a little
10 other trans on
nop
nop
repeat over

I dont know atmel, however if its a 16 bit there could well be a built in pwm system, like on some of the higher spec pics, in which case if you consult the datasheet for that chip there might be a register that sets the deadtime when using the pwm module.
If your fets are under control of just your code then my suggestion would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back