Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to AC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashantunair

Hi Firends ,

I would like to know if any of you can find me a design for a dc to ac full bridge single phase inverter. Being a mechanical engineer your help would mean a lot to me in my project work

Is it a requirement that you make your own inverter? Is that part of the project, or could you use a store bought one to get passed the initial electrical aspect and get to the mechanics? If you are just given batteries and need to get the AC, perhaps you could get one from the automotive or electronics section of a local store. They're relatively cheap, you can get one for $25-$35 that takes 12V DC (cigarette lighter plug) and outputs to a 120v AC outlet.

If you're actually wanting to build one yourself due to space or instructor requirements, then that wouldn't work. I also would be interested in how to make one.

Here is a circuit for an inverter. I dont know where it came from, but this circuit has been with me for a long time.

Attachments

• inv.jpg
    inv.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 3,511
Is there a way to set the frequency of that AC output? Like to around 60Hz?

The frequency can be changed probably by changing the RC values. This circuit can be actually used for lighting a small tube light with both pins shorted.

The following link gives a better schematic for an inverter with 60Hz frequency.

**broken link removed**

how may hertz does this inverter output?

could i make it around 5 hertz?

Does the inverter have to output a sine function, or can it be a square wave? Also, what kind of voltage / current levels are we talking about?

This design could fall anywhere between "simple" and "complicated", depending on what it needs to be capable of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back