Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC shunt motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brender

i am taking an industrial maintainance course and right now i am doing electronics and i am doing motors right now. my questions is,how to find wattage output. i am given torque 9 lbf.in the rpm's are 1910 from that i got .27332 HP and now i need to find wattage output.and i am lost. i am not really looking for someone to give me the answer but to just help me figure out how to find it.

Last edited:
Thats simple. 1 horse power = 746 watts

ok so would i divide .27332 in to .00134(hp=1 watts) or times .27332 by 746 and then i would also need to find the input wattage

figure a typical shunt wound motor may be in the 70-90% efficient range. Actual design efficiencies can vary greatly. So figure 80% average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back