Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

viswa

Pl help me with this...
I am new to using DC motors. How to get the RPM of a DC motor for a particular application?:confused:
For eg. If i connect a wooden rod of nearly 20 cms to it and i want that rod to rise by an angle of 60 deg with the help of the motor. So for this application, pl temme how to find the RPM of the motor.

RPM is revolutions per minute. You have not mentioned any time, so I don't really understand your question.

If the wooden rod is perpendicular to the motor axis, then any RPM will cause the rod to rise to 60 deg, so long as you stop it at 60 degrees.

I hope your question makes more sense to you than it does to me.

Last edited:
RPM is of absolutely no importance for this application.

Measure the 60 degree angle and use a microswitch interrupting motor power if the rod touches the switch at the predetermined angle.

or use a stepper, better because you can easily determine the pulses required to move for a degree.

RPM is revolutions per minute. You have not mentioned any time, so I don't really understand your question.

If the wooden rod is perpendicular to the motor axis, then any RPM will cause the rod to rise to 60 deg, so long as you stop it at 60 degrees.

I hope your question makes more sense to you than it does to me.

Am really sorry. Forgot to mention the time. Time for this action is 500msec.

60 degrees is 1/6th of a resolution. 500ms is 1/120 of a minute. So rotation rate = 1/6 / (1/120) = 20 RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back