Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor that can turn forward and reverse direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaobai00

Is there a motor or a circuit include DC motor which can allow it to turn as in clockwise and anticlockwise direction, 2 ways direction? I need a big help urgently, thanks. P.S i need to find motor which can work with 12V and below.

xiaobai00 said:
Is there a motor or a circuit include DC motor which can allow it to turn as in clockwise and anticlockwise direction, 2 ways direction? I need a big help urgently, thanks. P.S i need to find motor which can work with 12V and below.

any DC motor will turn in both direction.

To be able to control a DC motor and make it turn in any direction, you need a motor driver circuit (probably an h bridge)

you can find simple solutions in my website.

You can control the direction of a DC motor with a DPDT switch, however it is recommended that you turn off the power before reversing directions. If you would like a diagram I would be glad to post one for you.

ikalogic said:
any DC motor will turn in both direction.

Actually not strictly true - a series wound motor won't reverse without rewiring it (like a car starter motor), and DC brushless motors won't normally reverse easily either.

xiaobai00 said:
wont mind post some samples or sample circuit for motor reversing and forwaring?

Hi,
Have a read thru this pdf.

Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:
Actually not strictly true - a series wound motor won't reverse without rewiring it (like a car starter motor), and DC brushless motors won't normally reverse easily either.

I didn't say it was easy, i say it was possible! :)

Forward and Reverse bias circuit with DC motor

hi, i need this kind of circuit to make DC motor works in forward and reverse direction.

Easy, just reverse the + and - connections to the motor.

Google for h-bridge.

It's a British thing, I suppose both counter-clockwise and anit-clockwise make sense.

xiaobai00 said:
wont mind post some samples or sample circuit for motor reversing and forwaring?
Here is a diagram that works only on brush type DC motors.

Attachments

• MOTOR REVERSE.GIF
    MOTOR REVERSE.GIF
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,102
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back