DC motor that can turn forward and reverse direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaobai00

Is there a motor or a circuit include DC motor which can allow it to turn as in clockwise and anticlockwise direction, 2 ways direction? I need a big help urgently, thanks. P.S i need to find motor which can work with 12V and below.

xiaobai00 said:
Is there a motor or a circuit include DC motor which can allow it to turn as in clockwise and anticlockwise direction, 2 ways direction? I need a big help urgently, thanks. P.S i need to find motor which can work with 12V and below.

any DC motor will turn in both direction.

To be able to control a DC motor and make it turn in any direction, you need a motor driver circuit (probably an h bridge)

you can find simple solutions in my website.

You can control the direction of a DC motor with a DPDT switch, however it is recommended that you turn off the power before reversing directions. If you would like a diagram I would be glad to post one for you.

ikalogic said:
any DC motor will turn in both direction.

Actually not strictly true - a series wound motor won't reverse without rewiring it (like a car starter motor), and DC brushless motors won't normally reverse easily either.

xiaobai00 said:
wont mind post some samples or sample circuit for motor reversing and forwaring?

Hi,
Have a read thru this pdf.

Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:
Actually not strictly true - a series wound motor won't reverse without rewiring it (like a car starter motor), and DC brushless motors won't normally reverse easily either.

I didn't say it was easy, i say it was possible!

Forward and Reverse bias circuit with DC motor

hi, i need this kind of circuit to make DC motor works in forward and reverse direction.

xiaobai00 said:
wont mind post some samples or sample circuit for motor reversing and forwaring?
Here is a diagram that works only on brush type DC motors.

Attachments

• MOTOR REVERSE.GIF
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,104
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…