Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dc Motor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Habitat for Humanity or other thrift stores carry lots of el-cheapo hand drills. The battery-powered ones without batteries are especially cheap. It would take some sort of DC power supply to run these.

The older 120V line-powered ones have a series-wound, universal, brushed motors that will run on 120V AC or DC.

The end caps are custom. You may be able to cobble a motor in there but is it woth just buying a hole new ceg roller? How much do thay cost?

They are 50 and since this is number 2 not very relible. I would rather spend the money and custom it and make it reliable

Well I just pulled the motor apart and I think you are correct one winding is solid black. Ugh. Any ideas where I can get a decent motor that will not break the bank?...
Allelectronics. Look in other similar surplus dealers.

Looks like you will have machine some sort of shaft adapter.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help I will let you know how it turns out. I have an old drill I think I am going to dismantle and use.

Ok I dismantled this cordless drill I had. It is a 9.6v battery. Would I be better off going to Big Lots and getting a corded drill for $20? Thinking about it a corded will be ready to plug into the wall, it is all about the mounting. Or will I have a new hurdle doing that?

Last edited:
can you post a photo of the whole thing? all the parts, mounting may be easier than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back