Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor Driving Board Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfacro

Good morning all,

I am working to troubleshoot a piece of equipment, pool cleaner, that is malfunctioning, this is the only PCB in the device, so I'm certain the problem is with this. What is happening is when the cleaner receives power, it will start up in about 5 seconds, run for about 1 second, then stop all together. The (outboard, outside of the cleaner) power supply for this board is 30vDC, and I know that works per my meter.

I have attached a few pictures of the board in question, the three wires coming out are the input wires, there are two sets of spade plugs those are the outputs to the motors. There is what looks like a leaky capacitor, I did order that and will be replacing that...could that cause the problem? I know enough to fix, not enough to troubleshoot/read the board and know that actually is the problem and could cause that.

Thanks for any help,

--Dan

board3.jpg board2.jpg board1.jpg

Certainly appears to be a problem cap that requires changing, also check the underside of the PCB for contamination etc.
Max.

Yes looks like the cap has been leaking electrolyte.
If replacing it doesnt fix it, maybe the processor is detecting an overcurrent on one of the motors & shutting down, in which case take a good look at the motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back