Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim bro

hello,
I want to drive a dc motor (speed and direction) and i use the L272 dual power operational amplifier.Is the input voltage level of this op-amp compatible with any D/A converter?

Hey,

You need to be more specific.. You want to control the motor with a D/A converter? This isn't a great way to do this..

I would use an 8-bit PWM modulator with a simple H-bridge, then all you would need is the 8-bits for speed and a single bit for direction.

Controlling anything linear like this is a waste of power and generates a ton of heat usually.. Use PWM

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back