Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dc level shifting of an ac signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehmood Ahmed

HI,

Is there any way to shift dc level(below 0 or beyond) of an ac signal. I diode clamping does not fulfill my need as it limits at +0.7 volts.
thanx

HI,

Is there any way to shift dc level(below 0 or beyond) of an ac signal. I diode clamping does not fulfill my need as it limits at +0.7 volts.
thanx

hi,
Depending upon the 'ac signal' you could use a OPA to give a 'dc' offset to the 'ac' signal.

Give us more information.:)

A common method is to couple the AC signal through a capacitor. The DC level at the output of the cap can be shifted to whatever you want with a resistor to the desired bias voltage. The RC time constant of the capacitor and resistor has to be large enough to transfer the lowest AC frequency of interest, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back