Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC voltage booster URGENT HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmund Pk

I urgently need help..I need to build 5-port DC-DC voltage booster for use as a multiple-outlet extension cord to distributeDC voltages in the range of 18V, 12.9V, 9.6V, 9v, and 3.8V form a 9V battery.
configure the design to provide a specific voltage level by using 89 as a current limiting parameter for the diode array...

Hi Edmund. Welcome to ETO.

Normally urgent things are health related. A voltage booster with such specs are not normally such urgent requests....unless of course you are in an aeroplane that is busy falling from the sky.....

In that case it's too late anyway.

If you are not in the above situation then please tell members here more and then you will be helped as and when they find the time.

Regards,
tvtech

using 89 as a current limiting parameter for the diode array...
Welcome, Edmund, but what on earth do you mean?

I should have said first like.

Means a lot to me buddy. So glad you still remember me as tvtech.

Trying to sort stuff out. Might take a while. I upset people etc. End of the day, things will be OK.

I have learned. And so we all did with the "stuff" that happened. You stay well.

Old tvtech

I urgently need help..I need to build 5-port DC-DC voltage booster for use as a multiple-outlet extension cord to distributeDC voltages in the range of 18V, 12.9V, 9.6V, 9v, and 3.8V form a 9V battery.
configure the design to provide a specific voltage level by using 89 as a current limiting parameter for the diode array...
Do you need "18V, 12.9V, 9.6V, 9v, and 3.8V" at the same time? OR Do you want one voltage and a switch to set the voltage.
89mA output ?

A little 9V battery cannot provide much juice so maybe the URGENT project won't work anyway.

So if its so urgent then where are you?

For the OP....too late.

URGENT does not cut it anymore on Forums everywhere. Slowly but surely the message is getting through.

Do your own work...stuck....you have support. Just don't ask for answers.

Guidance is available.....answers= NO.

tvtech

Hi,

Simplest method is to use a single DC to DC boost converter to get up to 18v output, then regulate down with linear regulators one for each sub voltage.
That's only if the current is low and efficiency does not matter too much.
If efficiency is an issue, then you either need a multitap design (kind of complex) or an individual boost for every voltage higher than 9v, and an individual buck for every voltage lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back