Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc 12v to 48vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjaan

hi
i want to convert 12v dc to 48v dc, i have a ups it works with four batteries i want to convert it to a sibgle battrey 12v plzzz help me any one having circuit diagram

Use a switchmode power supply IC.

Some of the manufacturers have wizards on their websites that'll design the circuit for you, just enter what input, output voltage and current you require and all the hard work will be done for you.

http://www.linear.com/pc/viewCategory.jsp?navId=H0,C1,C1003,C1042,C1031
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

anjaan said:
hi
i want to convert 12v dc to 48v dc, i have a ups it works with four batteries i want to convert it to a sibgle battrey 12v plzzz help me any one having circuit diagram

If it runs off 48V that's presumably because it's a high power UPS, and not suitable for running from a single battery - using a second inverter to power it is going to make it even less viable as well.

ok if its not good idea
then wat about 24v dc to 48v dc
plzz post the circuits diagram i wana make it my self!!!

@hero999
thnx 4 the sites but the solution is not avalilable is there some more plzz

anjaan said:
ok if its not good idea
then wat about 24v dc to 48v dc
plzz post the circuits diagram i wana make it my self!!!

Use 48V like it's designed for - it will be cheaper and more efficient than messing about with extra conversions, everyone of which loses a fair amount.

can 1 battery work? will the load power imply an excessive amount of current from a 12V source?

The 48V may be there as a standard (48V is a common voltage). it may be done to keep current down.

24 to 48V is fairly easy. especially without isolation. A pushpull wired up with just the primaries will give 2x voltage.

How much power do you need to convert? You should be aware that every 1A of 48V is going to need about 5A of 12V. (Assuming 80% efficiency).

For example if your ups is 1kVA, it probably needs 25-35A at 48V, so it would need 125-180A from 12V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back