Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dayton motor 5K455C 1/2 hp wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

munyanb

I am wanting to hook up a 1/2 hp motor but when i opened it up nothing is labeled that i can see, the sticker on the motor is torn up, unreadable, and i cant tell how it is currently wired, all i can really see is a board with blade connectors on it. I can wire it 230 or 115 in the location im in, i am an electrician so i know my wiring generally, am i missing something? Would you happen to be able to show a diagram, or just be familiar with this motor? It is mounted on a pita pocket press/slicer so it was a commercial kitchen unit, but will be used as a clay press. There is a handy box mounted on the frame for a switch i assume, but i never got to see this thing when it was wired and running and now its empty, btw i like this site, i plan on visiting often to try to figure out some off grid power solutions.

I get out an Ohmmeter and see which terminal goes to which winding. Likely multiple windings that are connected series for high voltage, and parallel for low...

That's something I haven't done yet, I'm used to A,B,C, 4-7 , 5-8 , 6-9 or even some other ramps from VFD, the leads are always there and labeled though, transformers pre tapped etc, lol. So what would I expect to get for values and are you saying that the windings should all be in series for the 230 Volt? that's what I want to draw about half the amperage, and the windings would be parallel for the 115 volt hook up? So explain how the path goes in a 480 circuit, I thought I figured it out but it seems like what I was thinking would make a parallel circle, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back