Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

datasheet software

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubs1646

I have written a program that places itself on top of any window so that you can look at datasheets while also drawing out your board so that you dont have to flip back and forth between pcb editor and data sheet. I am looking for some people to test this software and i couldnt think of a better place. I know that most people dont trust programs that other people write due to possibility of a virus.but i am asking this forum to test it because i need some honest feedback. currently i dont have it posted on a webpage, but if you im me or send me an email or a post i would be more than willing to send you a copy.due to the fact that most data sheets are written using the adobe acrobat © reader, this program uses a portion of there program, thus providing me with the only option of freeware. but i think that this is something the industry needs. I believe by cutting down on the need to flip between the 2 will reduce production time.
Any and all responses would greatly be appreciated.

Sounds interesting, but don't most CAD people use a dual screen PC, and open the datasheet/diagram on one screen, and draw on the other?

I may be interested, can you describe what the program does in a little more detail? Does it open a windows box to allow switching from one to another? Is it a transparent window?

You should be so lucky ...

Dual screen pc?
I dunno about CAD people but for me ...
I may use two computers at times but generally keep ALT-TAB ing through programs - at least until the next scheduled M$ Windows crash stops me :evil:
When will Hyperion finish OS 4.0 ?

Seriously, it's nice to see someone trying to produce something useful, I'm game to try it :D .

chubs
I tried to send an email to you but it bounces - is your email address correct in your profile :(

more information

its not a transparent window. if i could find code for that, that would be even better. its like any other regular windows window with the exception that when you go to click on your pcb editor it stays on top of all windows.
it supports multiple open documents so you can look at more than one datasheet at at time. it also includes a database of which i havent finished yet, so that you can do a search for a specific device. right now i am working on getting the copyright information from all the manufacturers. the database can be installed on a networked server or the computer that is operating the program and the database will include as many datasheets as i can get my hands on so that you dont have to go looking for them on the manufacturers web page.but you can also manually open any file. I will send out copies asap to anyone that requests one. also if you have a question or comment im me on any of the services listed, i might not be there at the moment but i will get back to you as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back