Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet for RM69330 round AMOLED driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minyiky

Hi there,

I am relatively new to the world of microcontrollers but have had a little bit of experience with displays as I have cobbled together / adapted a driver for an ili9341 adafruit SPI display.

Moving on from this I have my sights set a bit higher but want to check whether what I am thinking is possible and if anyone has any of the information I can't find.

I am looking to use a round AMOLED display with an ESP32 and have found some displays based on an RM69330 display driver (such as this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1-39-inch-ips-454x454-rohs_62286293416.html) which seems to support MIPI and SPI, which seems to be backed up by the vague pinouts I have seen that have SPI labled pins.

One problem I am running into is that I cannot find a datasheet for the RM69330, or any written drivers, which would make it very difficult to use the screen.

Additionally I am not sure what I would need to plan in terms of additional components (resistors, capacitors, etc.) to use the screen as I assume they would be needed.

Does any one have any experience with any of these screens or know of anywhere with a write up or code detailing them?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

This may help, it's for a display using the RM69330:

According to that, it does use a MIPI interface which appears to have a fixed format and command set.
More info on that here:

The device data also shows SPI signals - but possibly only for configuration?

Hi there,

Thank you for the datasheet, I can see SPI pins in the list but you think they may only be available for configuration rather than general use of the screen?

Unfortunately I dont believe the ESP32 can run a MIPI DSI screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back