Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data transmission problem from FT232R to ATmega168

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlhuang

Hi All,

I'm new here, and may post this in a wrong catagory but here is what problem is: I have a board that interfaces USB of a PC with a CAN bus network. Here is how I use it: I can type something (say, a command in an application on a PC, and the command is sent via USB of PC to the board and the board sends the command to a CAN bus network. On the network, the some devices will response by sending me data (messages) and they will go through the board again and feedback to PC. The board has a FT232R chip does USB to RS232 convertion, and converted data fed to USART0 of ATmega168, and ATmega formated and place it on CAN bus. The problem is if I send data to fast from PC to the board, the board is locked up. Receiving data from CAN bus has no this problem. Does anyone have ideas? Thanks.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back