Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

Hi guys,

I have a PIC18F26K20 hooked up to a GLCD 128x64, a humidity sensor and a temperature sensor.

Now, i have a bit of code done so it shows the time, temperature and humidity on screen.

Throughout testing every now and again on startup i would get what looks like corrupted data on the startup screen, if this corrupt data was there then it would corrupt what was happening on the main screen displaying the temps etc.

The temperature and humidity values are being displayed correctly, but the time goes to pot, i get extra numbers and symbols usually a + sign, and the hours number cycles from 0 to 24 over and over very quickly.

Im putting this down to an error on the chip side of things, i dont think it is code related as such as it has been working fine upto now, its pretty much doing it every time i reset now.

The LCD is on port A0 - A4, A5 is backlight.

I have removed all code apart from my LCD init code and im still getting this corruption.
Iv checked all wires with no luck.

Any ideas what i can do to stop it happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back