Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Damaged circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrodgers12

In my attempt to clean up the old solder, I think I damaged the ribbon. Should I bother re-attaching the usb port or is this a lost cause? The 2 center paths look like they are completely gone. Im such a noob... lol

Thanks!
IMG_2745.jpg
IMG_6270.PNG

Use a continuity meter. This is not to diagnose visually.
If trace is interrupted, look if there is a solderable place for it somewhere else and run a thin wire to the replaced connector pin bypassing the foil. Seems there is a J1 second USB connector next. Is that one operational ?

OK, smart idea. One of the pins from the J2 port was damaged. The intention of the repair was to swap J1 and J2. I will start by checking for continuity.

Thanks

Otherwise just bypass the flexPCB and add some 26 or 28 gauge wire between usb connector and their destination. Put a bit of solder on each stripped wire before attaching to the usb connector or the destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back