Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Daewoo American style fridge freezer possible circuit board problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza2811

Hello everyone I am new to this site so bare with me, the problem I have is ive got the Daewoo American style fridge freezer 3/4years old model number FRAX22D3B all of a sudden the ice maker has stopped working????
whats happening, when i press the reset button under the ice box motor it goes through its cycle releasing the ice cubes and with good water flow filling up the ice cube tray and thats where it stops nothing else happens.

This is what I have checkedup to now,
in line water feed all good no kinks and not frozen
freezer temp set to -18
checked and cleared any dust and debris from the rear of the fridge freezer fans all working
checked the fridge freezer is level
checked the arm for the tray is in the correct possition

I cant think of anything else ive googled it and these are the most common things to check for alot of the time it can be the ice maker its self but you have to buy the full unit what i cant get my head round is the unit works all be it when i do a reset ??????? any ideas thanks in advance Darren

It may be worth defrosting the fridge, even though it's frost free. There may be some part that's frozen that's no supposed to be.

I'm trying to work out what action is missing from what you describe. I thought that there were only three actions on an ice maker. 1) Fill with water. 2) Wait for them to freeze, 3) release the ice cubes, often with some electric heating of the ice tray.

Obviously stage 2 is the one that takes most of the time. The fridge-freezers that we've had didn't have any particular device to cool the ice tray. They just relied on the cold air in the freezer compartment. A dedicated ice-maker would probably make more cubes per hour, but the fridge-freezers always made all we needed.

Hi thanks for the reply, I agree with what you say its just frustrating i will defrost it but with it being the run up to Xmas the freezer and fridge are filling up but once Xmas is out the way i will do it and hopefully sort it out
The bit i dont get is if i do it manually it works?.
Frustrating.
Many thanks darren

Hi this one cycles automatically the only button underneath is a test button when you press that it goes through the motion of dropping the ice then refils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back