Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC with negative output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meach

Hello,

I am currently looking for a solution to generate a negative voltage (at most -2V) from a 8-bit DAC.

I need to generate three negative voltage and I have a very low space restriction.

For that reason, instead of just using three voltage inverters after their related regular DACs, I am thinking if it is possible to use only one voltage inverter.
This voltage inverter will then be used to get a negative voltage that will be connected to dual power supply DAC (whose +/- supply votlage will be inverted).

What do you think about this? Is it possible to do such a thing? and do you have ideas that can help me?

Thank you,

Meach

If you have a positive and negative supply available, you can feed the DAC output into an opamp to scale and shift the voltage so that it can range from the negative rail to the positive rail.

Thank you for your answer dougy83.
I was thinking of the same thing but I wanted to know if some special DAC could generate negative voltage......because I want to use as less component as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back