Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cyclic Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherif Welsen

Hi every body,

I've to produce a C program that represents the one of the cyclic codes " BCH, RS, CRC, Golay, ...".

So Please if one could tell me about a link containing a source code written with C in a simple way he'd be greatfule.

Thanks inadvance

Searching google for combinations of Golay, LFSR (linear feedback shift register), and code should lead you to some sites with p-code or maybe even 'C'. I was able to find some perl, p-code, and C in the past.

crust said:
... I was able to find some perl, p-code, and C in the past.

Could you tell me about specific web site please?

Thanks Crust...
The problem is that I'm not that clever to write the C code, so I'm looing for some easy source code, just direct implementation for the decoder.

Thanks inadvance,
I'll keep you informed with the results.

Welcom back Crust,

Do you know how to write a simple C code that implement only the ENCODER for one of the cyclic codes ?

Thanks inadvance.

What .... unless I am mistaken, each of the links in my previous post have both encoder and decoders in 'C'. The only exception is the CRC which is a c++ file, but if you look at the code, there is no c++ except one c-string, which they have a non-c++ substitiution for posted on the same page.

The problem is that I know little about C and nothing about C++.
So I wanna simple C code written already for one of the cyclic encoders to study it and then present it for my course, its very important to me.

Hoping that you can help me.

Could you give me a help and excule the code of the decoder?
I wanna just the encoder, I'll be greatful.

Thanks inadvance.

Sherif Welsen said:
Could you give me a help and excule the code of the decoder?

I'm not being mean, but no. Engineering is a way of thinking. The idea in lots of cases is to take something you know or have and adapt it to solve an existing problem. In this case, you have both the encoder and decoder. You need to explain the encoder to your class. What you need to do to prepare is to go through the code and cut out the pieces that are unneccessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back