Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cutting phenolic PCB. Suggestions for square cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola fezder,

This video
gives good concrete ideas. I use the scoring method and works OK for me.

Thanks spec, no worries, I was in fact wondering differences between phenolic & epoxy (fr-4) PCB's. I might buy few 6"-square sheets next time I buy from tayda. OR, now that I checked my favourite local dealer, 20cm * 30cm, is about 5.5€, and same price about for same size DUAL SIDED too. I'm moving more into SMD now, making holes is so time consuming and boring for DIP-components (altought they can be SMD mount too, but still take quite much space compared to true SMD).

I make PCB's with vinegar, I don't have cnc, yet....

No probs fezder,

Fibre glass PCB is also useful for making things- I made a multimeter case from it by gluing the sides with resin. Once it was spayed, it looked quite professional- the multimeter never did get finished though.:banghead:

When we needed to change/correct multilayer PCB boards at work, they used to xray them and then machine the required area and finally fill with resin; it worked a treat.

The microwave boys used to make a U shape from three bits of fibre board. They would mount the input connector on on side and the output connector on the other side with the electronics in the U. They joined the bits by soldering rather than gluing but the mechanical properties of fibre PCB board made this a successful approach.

Also, if you are messing with high impedance circuits the superior performance of fibre is important and if you conformally coat, the low moisture absorption is important so that moisture is not trapped under the coating.

spec

Last edited:
If my chemistry is correct, you may get some chlorine gas byproduct: 2HCl + H2O2 ----> 2H2O + Cl2, I would recommend using in a well ventilated area. Then again I was not very good at chemistry :eek:
Sorry to say you are wrong.
Here are what will happen when soak PCB in HCl and H2O2:
Cu + H2O2 => CuO + H2O
CuO + 2HCl => CuCl2 + H2O

HCl and H2O2 can't make a reaction because both of them are acids.
Do you know some concentrated hydrogen peroxide contain track of inorganic acids like hydrochloric acid as stablizer.

And DON'T Breath the Fumes.
Yes. He right.
But the fumes don't have chlorine gas like Mikebits said, they have water vapour and hydrochloric acid vapour (can identify by the sourness smell :D:D:D).

Last edited:
If my chemistry is correct, you may get some chlorine gas byproduct: 2HCl + H2O2 ----> 2H2O + Cl2, I would recommend using in a well ventilated area. Then again I was not very good at chemistry :eek:

Your chemistry is INCORRECT!!
H2O2 + 2HCl = Cu = CuCl2 + 2H2O no gas is evolved, just green cupric chloride and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back