Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystal Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMan2010

I had this cuicuit that generate 1 hz using crystal oscillator.. it is working fine with 9v supply but when i connect 5v it becomes more faster ,, why is that happening ?

Attachments

• 1Hz_Quartz_Oscillator_CD.png
    1Hz_Quartz_Oscillator_CD.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 164
Most of your ICs do not have any supply voltage and an important supply bypass capacitor is not shown.

You are overdriving the crystal. The only thing keeping it from fracturing is the 100 pF loading the output buffer.

Put about 220k ohms in series with output buffer to crystal and two 18 pF on either side of crystal.

32.768 kHz crystal oscillator can take several seconds to start up.

You are overdriving the crystal. The only thing keeping it from fracturing is the 100 pF loading the output buffer.

Put about 220k ohms in series with output buffer to crystal and two 18 pF on either side of crystal.

I agree, but I would have explained it differently. You should keep the output of IC1a connected to the input of IC1b, and put a 220k ohm resistor instead of the wire that goes from the output of IC1a to the crystal.

I had this cuicuit that generate 1 hz using crystal oscillator.. it is working fine with 9v supply but when i connect 5v it becomes more faster ,, why is that happening ?

Hi,

My question would be what is the frequency at 9v and what is the frequency at 5v. That is, how much does it change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back