Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystal frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

redart

Hi All,
I have an old crystal out of a Pioneer CD player that I wish to use in a project. I think the frequency of the crystal is 16.9344 MHz, but I can't find any data on it on the net. It's a flat metal can type, about 12x10x3 mm size, and has the markings PSS1006-A and KDS 2H on it. Can anyone confirm if I have the frequency right ?. Thanks.

redart said:
Hi All,
I have an old crystal out of a Pioneer CD player that I wish to use in a project. I think the frequency of the crystal is 16.9344 MHz, but I can't find any data on it on the net. It's a flat metal can type, about 12x10x3 mm size, and has the markings PSS1006-A and KDS 2H on it. Can anyone confirm if I have the frequency right ?. Thanks.

Basically you just read the frequency off the can, so if it says 16.9344MHz than that's what it is - it sounds quite plusible in a CD player.

It doesn't say 16.9344 on the can though...the ONLY markings on the can are "PSS1006-A", and "KDS 2H".

The 16.9344MHz comes from an old spec sheet from Trichord Research, but it's for a slightly different model player from the one I have. Probably the same...just not sure.

Those numbers are pretty useless unless you work for Pioneer. Lots of components are private labeled for consumer electronics specifically to frustrate people like yourself in your attempt to reuse obsolete equipment.

Thanks...sure would explain why I couldn't find one reference to it on the net. I splashed out and bought a $3 crystal anyway.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back