Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystal 16000.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonb-1010

Hi guys,

Hopefully an easy one.

I have a crystal pictured, I want to change the crystal.

Looking ideally for a Part number RS components or Farnell or any help just identifying this part.

Thanks Jason

From page 12 of **broken link removed**it looks like the package type you require is UM-5 Gull wing. RS and Farnell do not seem to have crystals in this package type. I have not seen that package type before.

Les.

Thanks guys,
Sorry for the delay in replying. It has to be fairly close shape I guess but ultimately, if slightly different doesn't matter too much. Long as spec is same.

I'm only changing to see if it fixes a problem with a automotive pcb board I have that has failed. I have changes several other parts and though this could be the issue. for a couple of pounds worth replacing it.

I read that time and tempture effects these, and this automotive part lives inside the engine bay and get hot.

Thanks again.

Crystals do occasionally fail, but it's really pretty rare - is the board not doing anything?, which is what you would expect if the crystal has stopped oscillating (the processor won't run) - drifting off tune slightly, probably wouldn't have any major effect, or any at all?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back