Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crossover Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that the Ls and Cs in the cross over are working into the impedance of the speaker so I would like the impedance in the model to be some what close.

Hi Ron

So I've run a couple of tests with and without the Zobel impedance correction on the IB385-8. I can ena/disable Zobel by setting a param in the model. I've attached a sim for each. Have a look.

eT

Attachments

• SpeakerTest_IB385_Ckt.png
    SpeakerTest_IB385_Ckt.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 217
  • SpeakerTest_with_ZobelN_Sim.png
    SpeakerTest_with_ZobelN_Sim.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 217
  • SpeakerTest_without_ZobelN_Sim.png
    SpeakerTest_without_ZobelN_Sim.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 205
With the Zobel networks then the crossover networks are loaded correctly.

eTech,
Where did you get "tweeter.lib"?
Please attach you spice and lib files. I would like to give it a go.
You can plot V(tweeter)+V(mid)+V(wolf) to get the total frequency response.
Ron,

----edited----
I don't know the frequency response of the raw speakers so we really don't know the total frequency response of the system.

I've uploaded a library in the forum "Simulation" section.
I removed the Zobel stuff from the library because its better kept external to the library.

eT

Here is the frequency response of a Dayton 385-8. There is a nasty bump at 1.2khz. Hopefully the cross over network will role that off.
The frequency response below 200hz will depend greatly on the enclosure.
View attachment 88875
AND
Here is the impedance of this speaker. I don't know if the SPICE model takes into account the inductive effect above 200hz.
View attachment 88876

Hi

Here is the spice speaker test and impedance response plot for the IB 385-8.
eT

Attachments

• WooferTest.png
    WooferTest.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back