Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross fading two audio signals.. what taper dual gang pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected :eek:. That Fig 7 or Fig 9 arrangement in the link is a simple solution.

Which is why it's used in almost all mixers :D

I breadboarded both of the solutions today. Both seemed to work, but the very simple version I posted actually had quite a bit of very high frequency noise at the output of the opamp buffer after the mixing pot. Aside from that, it worked fine and sounded fine :) The proper solution (figure 7, Nigel) also worked fine and without any of the high frequency noise on the output. The way both of them mixed sounded quite different though, but neither sounded better to be honest.

I breadboarded both of the solutions today. Both seemed to work, but the very simple version I posted actually had quite a bit of very high frequency noise at the output of the opamp buffer after the mixing pot. Aside from that, it worked fine and sounded fine :) The proper solution (figure 7, Nigel) also worked fine and without any of the high frequency noise on the output. The way both of them mixed sounded quite different though, but neither sounded better to be honest.
What type of high frequency noise? Is it a hiss (white noise) or a more specific frequency?

What type of high frequency noise? Is it a hiss (white noise) or a more specific frequency?

My output wave was about .5Vpp and the noise showed up on my scope as the trace being about 50mV thick. At the highest frequency setting on my scope (it's a 5mhz scope) I couldn't see any actual wave making up that thick line.. so I honestly couldn't tell you if it was noise or a specific frequency wave.

So does the noise from a speaker sound like a hiss?

Sounds like it was oscillating ultrasonically, or even at RF?.

It 'could' be because it was on a breadboard?.

That's sort of what I was thinking. Either way, I decided to go to Nigel's suggestion on my final design.. it didn't have the oscillating issue and isn't "all wrong" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back