Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating Vdd or Vout

Status
Not open for further replies.
When adding a label to a node (wire) in LTSpice, you can just give it a name like "FOO", or if the label lands on the end of wire stub, you can optionally make it a "connector" of type Input, Output, or Bi-Directional. Note that named nodes have a special significance: two nodes with the same name NOT connected by a wire ARE connected electrically across a page, or hierarchically, in a multilevel hierarchical schematic, provided that it matches a PIN name on the hierarchical symbol.

Last edited:
i am trying to create a common source and using net list to creat vdd and vout, but i couldnt get the vout simulation. I tried using voltage source for vdd, the result of vout is still the same. Any idea?

Can you post your circuit? (either the .asc file, or zip it if there are subcircuits).

Can you post your circuit? (either the .asc file, or zip it if there are subcircuits).

Sorry for the late reply...i got it already.
I would like to know of any informative link that i can learn more about small signal analysis.
Example: I have got the attached doc and how do i draw the small signal analysis inorder to find the Vout/Vin?

Attachments

• scan1.JPG
    scan1.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,486
Here is how I do it. Note that I'm using DC analysis to determine the transfer function of the inverter at different bias.

Attachments

• DF91a.png
    DF91a.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,802
Here is how I do it. Note that I'm using DC analysis to determine the transfer function of the inverter at different bias.

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much! I would like to know how do i go about by hand for the small signal analysis and calculate the Vin/Vout? Thanks.

This has nothing to do with LTSpice. You are asking how to solve two equations (at the operating point, Id of PMos = Id of NMos) in two unknowns (Id and Vout) as a function of Vdd, Vbias and Vin.

This has nothing to do with LTSpice. You are asking how to solve two equations (at the operating point, Id of PMos = Id of NMos) in two unknowns (Id and Vout) as a function of Vdd, Vbias and Vin.

Sorry. I didnt post my question correctly.
Earlier i was asking about the LT spice, but i managed to get it. and the question i am asking above is on hand on calculation. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back